We collaborate with hospitals to enhance patients' transitions of care. Our passion is to promote patient health, satisfaction and loyalty while providing insight into the post-discharge experience. With our innovative communication platform and in-depth analytics, we support hospitals' financial well-being by reducing avoidable readmissions and allowing optimal use of skilled nursing resources.
Since 2010 ReInforced Care has been reaching out to patients after hospital discharge to reinforce their discharge instructions, promote their well-being, and inform hospital staff about further patient needs and experiences. Here are nine lessons we have learned through that work – some of which may surprise you.
1. Medication reconciliation is most effective if done in the home as well as in the hospital. Despite the best intentions of providers and patients, omissions are common with inpatient "med recs." At-home med recs often turn up duplications between generics and brand-name drugs; dosage discrepancies; forgotten nutritional or herbal supplements; and failure to mention PRNs.
Working together with client hospitals, we…
- Enhance patient satisfaction and loyalty
- Give greater visibility into the post-discharge experience
- Increase the efficiency of nursing work
- Reduce readmissions
- Uncover risk factors for readmission
- Create statistical models of readmission so hospitals can target interventions to patients most in need
Applications of Our Services:
- 30-day post-discharge follow-up
- Assessment of satisfaction with hospital
- Maternity messaging
- Chronic disease management support
- Post-ED-visit follow-up
- Pre- and post-surgery calls
Copyright © 2014 ReInforced Care, Inc.