Our comprehensive approach to patient management post-discharge removes the need for costly investments by hospitals while at the same time improving the quality of care provided to the patient. In addition, the patients love receiving our calls, and this adds to their satisfaction with and loyalty toward the hospital, potentially yielding further benefits.
Financial Benefits of the ReInforced Care Solution
- No staffing, software, or infrastructure investment required.
- Does not increase operating costs — in fact, it can reduce them. Read why.
- Enables more efficient use of nursing and case management personnel.
- Increases available bed capacity, which can be backfilled with more profitable cases (since index admissions typically create more revenue than readmissions). Read why.
- Can reduce by as many as three percentage points the money withheld by Medicare due to excess readmission ratios.
- Testimonials we elicit can support marketing and fundraising efforts.
Read our detailed breakdown including a Monte Carlo simulation, showing the ways different benefits can work together to improve your bottom line.
Our statistical examination of the penalties and the performance indicators on which they most depend.
Our 2013 white paper discusses methods of predicting a hospital’s penalty and of determining the ROI gained from reducing it. The paper draws on the calculations used by CMS and introduces our original methods for estimating these important quantities.